- 1. What Dreams May Come (1998)
- 2. The Fountain (2006)
- 3. MirrorMask (2005)
- 4. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- 5. The Abyss (1989)
- 6. Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
- 7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
- 8. King Kong (2005)
- 9. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
- 10. Legend (1985)
The list features well-known films as well as lesser knowns such as Legend. I do find it interesting that The Matrix isn’t included in this list. Perhaps the writers at The Pulp List aren’t overly zealous fanboys and may actually know their stuff about film. Kudos.
Then again, they did not even discuss Metropolis, which deserves a place in this list. One of the first movies to use special effects that coincided with German Expressionism. I’ll let them slide.