Peter Eramo over at Magic Lantern Film Blog has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. This award is given from one blogger to other bloggers and contains a few other rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself (see below)
- Pass the award along to 15 who you think fantastic for whatever reasons! (if not 15, as many as you can)
- Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
Usually I am against chain letters/emails/texts similar to these, however this award helps provide a positive experience among bloggers and I feel obliged to thank Peter for nominating me, as well as passing the love along.
7 Things About Myself
- I work as a Search Engine Optimization consultant for a variety of websites as well as CinemaFunk (PR3, page one on Google for “film criticism”). Although I am very good at what I do, it is not what I love, which brings me to…
- Starting in Fall 2010, I will be moving to Savannah, GA to attend the Savannah College of Art and Design to pursue a Masters Degrees in Cinema Studies. I am looking forward the move as I have lived in Florida for nearly 20 years, it is time to move on.
- Requiem For A Dream is the film that changed my impression of what film can be. I was 16 at the time, and I was the only one in my high school who cared for film, which meant I had a shallow influence at this time of my life.
- I want to direct a biopic about Thelonius Monk starring Dave Chappelle. I know of no other actor who could bring the love and passion to the role of Monk. I’ve considered the titles “The Loneliest Monk”, “Monk”, and “Straight, No Chaser”. I consider this “pitch” copyrighted. Steal my idea, I’ll come after you. For realz.
- The moment I began to love film was early in the morning when I caught the end of Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Nick at Night. I was intrigued by Hitchcock and at the age of 12, I acquired nearly half of his collection on VHS. I still own many of these VHS cassettes.
- The moment I decided I wanted to be involved in the film industry was when I was visiting Florida State University with my older brother. I looked at the list of majors and saw ‘film’ listed. At that moment I realized that film was not just magic, but a profession. Have not turned back since.
- I finally saw Psycho on the big screen on that last night of the Florida Film Festival (read my reviews of Florida Film Festival. It was a great moment, as that film was meant for the big screen.
Paying It Forward
15 is way too many, I’d rather have smaller list of blogs that I think are absolutely deserving.
- Movie Brain Rot – This Orlando-based podcast discusses movie news, comic book news, and reviews recent or classic cult films.
- Goodspeed Blog – George Goodspeed’s blog features reviews on nearly any type of medium and anything he wishes.
- Four Of Them – Simon runs a very opinionated blog that is a quick read. You may not agree with him, but
hisher contempt for most films is relatively hilarious at times.
Yeah, just three. I haven’t been following too many other bloggers than haven’t already received the award. I hope I brought some insights on who I am and websites that I follow.